miércoles, 18 de febrero de 2015

Week 5: Integrating Internet

Internet offers a variety of benefits to everyone who is willing to use it. The enormous amount of information available and the many uses one can have through the internet have made it the most valuable tool. The available material, programs, websites and other services of the internet offers, allows to ease and transform people’s life and increase their knowledge.Something  to point and I think every teacher should remember is that the use of internet in education increase learners motivation and reduce learners anxiety, engage learners and promote learners autonomy.

I would like to talk about two important factors where we can integrate internet this week. First, the Internet as tutor, can be use for advice, facilitate analysis, or conduct activities. Traditional activities such as gap-fill, multiple-choice, and matching exercises allow students to learn through practice and through trial and error.  And second, the Internet as tool, he Internet can be used for a deeper level of student engagement and interactivity by helping stimulate creativity and it can also foster communication and collaboration, I think that this two factors come hand by hand because both of them should be importan and take it into account into English Language Teaching (ELT).


I will like to conclude with this quote: ‘’On the Internet, students of English have an authentic context in which to share their lives.”  


1 comentario:

  1. Hi Vanessa I want to comment on your post because is interesting to me your opinion. I agree with you when you say that Internet allow students to increase their knowledge. I would like to mention that with internet is easy for a student of languages to found dictionaries and to practice their abilities of the languages.
    Something I like is when you mention the two ways to integrate Internet. In the article Call Me I remember that it says that we can integrate Internet without having Internet at school or if the students do not have Internet connections that is another way to integrate internet or computer to.

    ResponderEliminar